Friday 3 May 2013

HOW TO: DIY Crop Top!

DIY_CLOTHINGIDEAS_FOR_A_DIY_PROJECT
HOW_TO_DIY_CROP_TOP
HOW_TO_DIY_CROP_TOP
DIY_CROP_TOP

Trousers | Topshop (old)
Shoes | Urban Outfitters £55
Bag | Zara £40
Knitted Jumper | Topshop (old)

I picked up this plain white men’s t-shirt from Primark for just £2 so I could give myself a little DIY task. I find these are so cheap you can just experiment with them however you want to and it doesn’t matter if they go wrong. Luckily for me I really like how this DIY CROP TOP turned out. I wanted to go for an off the shoulder look but I also wanted to make it cropped so decided to do so with a secure knot in the centre, this top was pretty oversized before I altered it but tying a small knot is just so simple and really gives the garment a more defined shape. I also love the look of the knotted centre.

I hope it’s pretty straightforward to follow the steps I’ve given you if you do want to try this out for yourself. I wanted to get a top that was big on me so opted for this men’s one in a small but you might want to get it bigger or smaller depending on the style you’re aiming for. This makes a perfect little summer top and goes great with trouser or even a nice midi skirt :) I wore mine with my pale blue polka dot trousers when I went to the beach with Ashley last week.

8 comments:

  1. Love love love this DIY! It looks so great on you in the final picture!
    Might have to give this a go myself...
    xx

    http://sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, it's really easy to make too :) xx

      Delete
  2. Such a good tutorial, definitely want to try this :D xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this tutorial! your outfit is amazing, too <3


    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tutorial and I love your jeans as well! I also LOVE your header!

    -Erica xx
    www.ericawears.com | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Only just designed it so a little worried if people will like it, glad you do xx

      Delete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...