Tuesday, 21 May 2013

MAC PREP + PRIME REVIEW

Example_of_Mac_Primer
MAC_PRIMER_BLOG_REVIEW
MAC_PREP_AND_PRIME_MAKEUP
MAKEUP_PRIMER_BLOG_REVIEW

 MAC PREP + PRIME- £19.50

I wanted to write a quick review on this MAC primer. I must admit this was the first and only ever primer I have purchased and used. I bought it around August time last year and I wasn’t really educated in the primer section of makeup, I had only recently heard of using a primer a few months before hand from reading blogs and didn’t really know how important it was.

I didn’t really intend to buy a primer when heading into MAC, also for the first time last year but I was convinced I needed something to help my makeup apply better and that would keep it in place all day. I must say I feel I was a little tricked into buying this after telling the lady at MAC I didn’t want anything on that involved a shimmer and when I was in the shop having my ‘makeover’ I didn’t notice any shimmer on my face UNTIL… (dun dun dun) I got the bottle home and the bottle was covered in glitter! I almost cried after spending £19.50 on this and was praying it wasn’t shimmery, I felt so naive purchasing it.

Anyway it was too late; I had already brought it home! I did consider eBaying it but never got round to it so I thought I may as well just start using it. I must say the only thing I dislike about the product is the shimmer- it’s definitely not for me so I wouldn’t be rushing out to purchase this again. The thing I do like about this MAC PREP + PRIME is that I have oily combination skin and I have found that it dramatically helped my makeup from sliding across my face in the daytime and takes away a lot of oiliness on the skin. It doesn’t last all day however, if I apply it in the morning I find it will last until early evening then I need a good touch up! 

This primer bottle is a 30ML and it has lasted me foreverrrrr, I purchased this last August, I use a small amount to cover my face every day and I'm still using the very same bottle today (that’s 9 months!!). I would say if you don’t mind a touch of shimmer then this MAC product could quite possibly be for you, but if, like me you have a pet hate for shine and shimmer I would avoid… my foundation does hide most of the shimmer but I just can’t stand having it on my face at all. 

Can anyone recommend a good primer, shimmer free, of courseee and that is perfect for oily combination skin? Would greatly appreciate :)

6 comments:

  1. I have this too & it really does last forever doesn't it! I got mine in September & it's still going strong ahha :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, at one point I thought it was running out... another month later... haha

      Delete
  2. I also have quite oily skin and I have found that Rimmel Fix and Perfect works great for me! It mattifies my face and makes my foundation hold better :) Plus its not too expensive, its been a while since Ive bought it but i think I got it on a 2 for £10 offer so it can't be too much to buy on its own :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really, may need to take a visit to boots and try this out, I defo need a new one before mine runs out! Thanks lovely!! xx

      Delete
  3. Thats so naughty that it had shimmer in I would have literally cried, I hate anything shimmery/dewy on my skin it makes me look ill lol!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to cry! Me too, shimmer is just NOT for me haha xx

      Delete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...